Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
No matter where you currently live, it is your home. Often people want more home than they currently have. More is for those with youthful vigor, the endlessly driven, the deserving, the best. As people grow older, is more what they want, or does wisdom suggest that less is better? Curious, these dynamics. When it comes to software development, what was your first "home"? Naturally when home hemmed you in, you wanted more. At what point did you want to "buy up" to more spacious compositions? What made you think that objects weren't doing enough and that you should start looking for a more functional home? At what point did you consider DDD and related tools to be the luxury you deserve? Are you there yet? If so, are you happy, or are you still moving up? Ah, moving up of course. But to what? What stands in your way of obtaining the very best of new digs, something more, you know, artificial? Here's the rub. No matter what, there will always be more, but at some point the previous might seem better. Where is this all leading, and will we ever be content with our spread? It depends. Let's examine trends, likes, dislikes, motives, and what might have real, lasting value.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Modeling with Actors (SkillsCast recorded in September 2014)
- Agile at Scale with Joakim Sundén (Online Course on 20th - 23rd September 2021)
- Reasoning Systematically: the Art of Integration Leadership — 2 Half‑Day Workshops [SAG Digital 2021] (Online Course on 11th - 12th October 2021)
- YOW! December 2021 (Online Conference on 30th November - 1st December 2021)
- Leadership eXchange Forum (Online Conference on 27th January 2022)
- Intersectional Communication (Online Meetup on 23rd September 2021)
- An Evening with TimClicks (Online Meetup on 28th September 2021)
- Product Management Helps Us Build the RIGHT Things; Agile Helps Us To Build Things RIGHT (SkillsCast recorded in September 2021)
- 5 Ways of Setting Boundaries - Boost Your Energy, Productivity & Focus (SkillsCast recorded in September 2021)
Keynote: Moving House
Vaughn is a veteran software craftsman, with more than 35 years of experience in a broad range of business domains, Vaughn is a leading expert in DDD and champion of simplicity and Reactive systems.