This SkillsCast is currently only available to registered attendees of DDDx — Domain-Driven Design eXchange 2021
It will be freely available to all Skills Matter members once the DDDx — Domain-Driven Design eXchange 2021 early-access window expires on September 09, 2021.
No matter where you currently live, it is your home. Often people want more home than they currently have. More is for those with youthful vigor, the endlessly driven, the deserving, the best. As people grow older, is more what they want, or does wisdom suggest that less is better? Curious, these dynamics. When it comes to software development, what was your first "home"? Naturally when home hemmed you in, you wanted more. At what point did you want to "buy up" to more spacious compositions? What made you think that objects weren't doing enough and that you should start looking for a more functional home? At what point did you consider DDD and related tools to be the luxury you deserve? Are you there yet? If so, are you happy, or are you still moving up? Ah, moving up of course. But to what? What stands in your way of obtaining the very best of new digs, something more, you know, artificial? Here's the rub. No matter what, there will always be more, but at some point the previous might seem better. Where is this all leading, and will we ever be content with our spread? It depends. Let's examine trends, likes, dislikes, motives, and what might have real, lasting value.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Modeling with Actors (SkillsCast recorded in September 2014)
- Domain Models in Practice with Marco Heimeshoff (Online Course on 9th - 13th August 2021)
- Sociotechnical Domain-Driven Design with Kacper Gunia (Online Course on 23rd - 24th August 2021)
- The Study of Enterprise Agility Community: Global Enterprise Agility Month — Leadership and Strategy Week (Online Conference on 6th - 8th July 2021)
- The Study of Enterprise Agility Community: Global Enterprise Agility Month (Online Conference on 6th - 29th July 2021)
- Impactful Communication (Online Meetup on 23rd June 2021)
- Testing Stories Project (SkillsCast recorded in June 2021)
- Managing Commercial Platforms: The Architect’s Emerging Skill (SkillsCast recorded in June 2021)
Keynote: Moving House
Vaughn is a veteran software craftsman, with more than 35 years of experience in a broad range of business domains, Vaughn is a leading expert in DDD and champion of simplicity and Reactive systems.