This SkillsCast is currently only available to registered attendees of DDDx — Domain-Driven Design eXchange 2021
It will be freely available to all Skills Matter members once the DDDx — Domain-Driven Design eXchange 2021 early-access window expires on September 09, 2021.
Today the software landscape of enterprise is not built ground up by scores of software developers. Software engineering skills are valuable and focus on the core domain of the business. For the rest, software is often purchased. Much of this software is commercial off the shelf (COTS) platforms that support many areas of the business. While these platforms perform critical functions such as managing our customer data, they are often treated as second-class citizens. Architects work around them.
It is becoming increasingly important for an architect to understand what are commercial platforms, best practices for managing them, and know techniques (such as DDD) that will help obtain most value. Join Sonya as she shares her extensive experience as a solutions architect in the world of commercial platforms and learn from a case study of how commercial platforms helped mass testing during Covid-19 pandemic.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Architect’s Survival Guide to Healthcare (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
- Invitation to Systems Thinking with Jessica Kerr and Kent Beck (Online Course on 21st - 23rd June 2021)
- Domain Models in Practice with Marco Heimeshoff (Online Course on 9th - 13th August 2021)
- CloudNative eXchange Forum 2021 (Online Conference on 21st - 23rd June 2021)
- Software Architecture Gathering Digital 2021 (Online Conference on 13th - 14th October 2021)
- Embracing Hexagonal Architecture with Serverless (SkillsCast recorded in June 2021)
- Does Culture Impact Software Design? (SkillsCast recorded in June 2021)