Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Today the software landscape of enterprise is not built ground up by scores of software developers. Software engineering skills are valuable and focus on the core domain of the business. For the rest, software is often purchased. Much of this software is commercial off the shelf (COTS) platforms that support many areas of the business. While these platforms perform critical functions such as managing our customer data, they are often treated as second-class citizens. Architects work around them.
It is becoming increasingly important for an architect to understand what are commercial platforms, best practices for managing them, and know techniques (such as DDD) that will help obtain most value. Join Sonya as she shares her extensive experience as a solutions architect in the world of commercial platforms and learn from a case study of how commercial platforms helped mass testing during Covid-19 pandemic.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Architect’s Survival Guide to Healthcare (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
- Design Patterns in Action — Full‑Day Workshop [SAG Digital 2021] (Online Course on 11th October 2021)
- Getting API Design Right: Learning from Anti-Patterns — Full‑Day Workshop [SAG Digital 2021] (Online Course on 11th October 2021)
- Software Architecture Gathering Digital 2021 (Online Conference on 13th - 14th October 2021)
- Patterns for a Successful Cloud Native Transformation (SkillsCast recorded in June 2021)
- Embracing Hexagonal Architecture with Serverless (SkillsCast recorded in June 2021)