A SkillsCast for this session is not available.
The security of containers has been a hotly discussed topic. This talk will explain the main concerns around container security, and offer some best practices and guidance for addressing them. The guiding philosophy is “defense in depth”; no one layer or tool should be relied upon to provide complete security.
The topics covered will include:
- The isolation guarantees of containers
- Using Content Trust to make sure your images haven’t been tampered with
- How to limit the resources that containers can access
- How to audit and monitor containers
- Using VMs and containers together to maximise security and efficiency
- How to safely share secrets (API keys, passwords) with containers
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
Using Docker Safely
Adrian Mouat is Chief Scientist at Container Solutions, a European services company specialising in container technologies. He is currently researching container orchestration platforms and image management. Adrian authored "Using Docker" for O'Reilly publishing and is a member of the Docker Captains program.