A SkillsCast for this session is not available.
It seems the hot topic of the moment is how to “solve” agile delivery at scale. Whether it be the heavyweights of SAFe, DAD and LeSS, or upstarts like Reliable Scrum, the pitch is the same: Our solution, along with its associated consulting and certification, is the Ultimate Answer.
As Deep Thought explains in The Hitchhikers’ Guide to the Galaxy: “I think the problem, to be quite honest with you, is that you’ve never actually known what the question is.”
Different organisations have different needs, challenges and expectations, so Dan thinks the first step on any scaling journey is to get a sense of where you really are. He proposes a three stage approach which starts with turning on the lights to see what’s hiding in the dark. This is often trickier than it looks, and involves tigers, dragons and wild-assed guesses.
Come along and learn new buzzwords like Demand Mapping and Skills Liquidity, and maybe learn why it is dangerous to start with the solution already in mind.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- YOW! London: In-Person (in London on 22nd - 23rd September 2022)
- YOW! London: Online (Online Conference on 22nd - 23rd September 2022)
- Keynote: SWARMing into Action (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Organization - A Tool for Software Architects (SkillsCast recorded in December 2020)
- How to Read Complex Code without Getting a Headache (SkillsCast recorded in December 2020)
Delivery Mapping: Turning the Lights On
Daniel Terhorst-North uses his deep technical and organisational knowledge to help CIOs, business and software teams to deliver quickly and successfully. He puts people first and finds simple, pragmatic solutions to business and technical problems, often using lean and agile techniques. With over thirty years of experience in IT, Daniel is a frequent speaker at technology and business conferences worldwide.