Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Facebook’s React framework has taken the web development world by storm. Building on a model of lightweight components and one-way reactive data flow, it has proven itself as a way to build complex yet performant single-page applications.
In this talk, we’ll start by discussing the fundamentals of React, specifically:
- The concepts of the virtual DOM and render-tree diffing
- The basics of the React component model
- The benefits of one-way data flow
Then we’ll go into how React Native translates these ideas into the native app development world. This will include:
- How render-tree diffing works with native apps
- How the React component model works with React Native
- How React Native handles layout, styling and animation
Along the way, we’ll also see:
- The benefits of React’s declarative component model
- How React Native differs from other hybrid app technologies like Phonegap or Titanium
Those coming from a native development background will leave this talk with an understanding of how the React programming model can make their app easier to comprehend and reason about. Those with a background in web development will learn how it will let them apply their skills to the world of native app development. Either way, this talk will be a great opportunity to learn about the revolutionary principles behind this exciting new framework.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: