Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Implementing IoT projects doesn't have to be difficult, time consuming and expensive.
MicroPython brings Python 3 to embedded platforms, and since Python is one of the easiest languages to learn, and there are WiFi SoCs available around $5, this is a great way to get started in IoT! We'll look at:
- What is a System-on-a-Chip (SoC) with some specific examples based on the ESP8266 and ESP32 WiFi SoCs
- Why Python? A quick look at C and IoT vulnerabilities
- How to install MicroPython and communicate with the ESP SoC to write programs
- What it is capable of and what things are being developed for it
- How to contribute to the MicroPython project
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: