Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
With a building bursting at the seams and a move to a new location some years away one of our Hackathon teams came up with an idea to improve the “facilities” for the building staff. Initially what started as a bit of a joke soon grew into a fully-fledged idea of building a comprehensive IoT solution that can constantly keep check of the usage state of the showers and toilets at Seek. Not just for morbid curiosity, but to help maintain better cleaning and hygiene of the facilities and also help people use them more effectively. The solution was met with great success and is in the process of becoming a permanent solution in the building.
We will cover:
- What IoT devices we found effective
- How you can leverage the capabilities of AWS to rapidly stand up complex solutions without investments in Infrastructure
- Which “areas” of Seek are more popular than others!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Learning from Incidents (SkillsCast recorded in December 2019)
- Getting Geospatial Data on the Web (Online Meetup on 10th February 2022)
- Building the Internet Of (Trusted) Things with Ockam and Embedded Rust (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)
- Redis Streams + Spark Structured Streaming: Scale-out Your Continuous Apps (SkillsCast recorded in July 2019)