Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Start ups have some interesting challenges and conversely some exciting opportunities.
- They have a limited runway of cash – this drives an intense focus on delivering value (before the money runs out)
- They have no existing culture or processes – there is nothing to undo as they create a new culture
- There is no existing code to build upon - there’s no legacy code to deal with, and you produce applications that match what you need to do
- There is no set of commonly understood processes – you get to adopt whatever works well and that fits your needs.
This case study talks about the last 9 months of our start-up where we went from “no team, and limited functionality” – to launching a successful and thriving business backed by completely custom trading platform and fulfilment engine.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Moving from a monolith to a distributed monolith - a cautionary tale on adopting microservices (SkillsCast recorded in December 2018)
- Foundations of Social Leadership (Online Meetup on 18th January 2023)
- Does Culture Impact Software Design? (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)
- Storytelling: Shifting the Culture Through Sharing Experiences (SkillsCast recorded in July 2021)