Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Distribution is hard. Building engineering teams is hard. And building distributed engineering teams presents unique challenges, especially under hyper growth.
Cash App is one of the fastest growing financial products in the US & UK. We have tens of millions of users & move hundreds of millions of dollars a day. We have product engineering teams in several cities in the US, Canada, Sweden and Australia. Our product velocity & commercial growth is constrained by the number of engineers on our teams, and utilising a distributed team is one way to sustain this growth.
In this talk, we’ll speak about the challenges growing a small engineering team in a single location into a large team spread across many locations & multiple timezones. We’ll outline some of the things we’ve learnt, and present some rules of thumb that we use when making decisions about distributed teams.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Typed Services Using Finch (SkillsCast recorded in May 2016)
- Training from the Back of the Room with Ben Maynard and Jon Spruce (in London on 1st - 2nd November 2022)
- Foundations of Social Leadership with Sea Salt Learning (Online Workshop on 21st - 24th February 2023)
- YOW! December 2022: Online (Online Conference on 5th - 13th December 2022)
- YOW! Brisbane Developer Conference 2022 (in Brisbane on 5th - 6th December 2022)
- Foundations of Social Leadership (Online Meetup on 18th January 2023)
- Integration Leadership (SkillsCast recorded in January 2022)
- Mastering the Habit Loop to Improve Your Life, Career and Organization (SkillsCast recorded in January 2022)