Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Distribution is hard. Building engineering teams is hard. And building distributed engineering teams presents unique challenges, especially under hyper growth.
Cash App is one of the fastest growing financial products in the US & UK. We have tens of millions of users & move hundreds of millions of dollars a day. We have product engineering teams in several cities in the US, Canada, Sweden and Australia. Our product velocity & commercial growth is constrained by the number of engineers on our teams, and utilising a distributed team is one way to sustain this growth.
In this talk, we’ll speak about the challenges growing a small engineering team in a single location into a large team spread across many locations & multiple timezones. We’ll outline some of the things we’ve learnt, and present some rules of thumb that we use when making decisions about distributed teams.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Typed Services Using Finch (SkillsCast recorded in May 2016)
- Agile at Scale (In-Person) with Joakim Sundén (in London on 19th - 20th September 2022)
- Training from the Back of the Room with Ben Maynard and Jon Spruce (in London on 1st - 2nd November 2022)
- YOW! Perth Developer Conference 2022: Online (Online Conference on 19th - 20th September 2022)
- YOW! Perth Developer Conference 2022: In-Person (in Perth on 19th - 20th September 2022)
- Inspiring Women in FinTech & Crypto (Online Meetup on 1st June 2022)
- Integration Leadership (SkillsCast recorded in January 2022)
- Mastering the Habit Loop to Improve Your Life, Career and Organization (SkillsCast recorded in January 2022)