You've heard about Command-Query Responsibility Segregation, but you're not quite sure how to implement certain rules in your system, especially the rules that seem to indicate race conditions between the success of one user's commands, and another's.
Watch this SkillsCast recording of a talk by Udi Dahan and learn a different way of analyzing these rules as well as the use of the saga pattern for implementing them.
You'll never look at a domain model the same way again!
If you are interested in CQRS, may like to check out more here:
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Keynote: Own the Future (SkillsCast recorded in September 2018)
- Crafting Code with Sandro Mancuso (Online Course on 14th - 15th January 2021)
- Microservices Architecture with Jorge Ortiz‑Fuentes (Online Course on 15th - 17th February 2021)
- Strategic Domain-Driven Design Tools For Non-DDD People (SkillsCast recorded in October 2020)
- Lightning Talk: Specification as a Library (SkillsCast recorded in October 2020)
CQRS, race conditions, and sagas - oh my!
Udi Dahan is one of the world’s foremost experts on Service-Oriented Architecture and Domain-Driven Design and also the creator of NServiceBus, the most popular service bus for .NET.