Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Dear Self, in your career you’re going to lead large scale transformation projects all aimed at developing companies into killer Agile delivery environments. Now I have access to a time machine I’m able to teleport myself back to a time just before I embark on those journeys and I can give myself the value of hindsight! If I let myself go ahead without advising me, then I’ll think an Agile transformation is about the adoption of a process and over time I’ll learn it’s not! I’ll think that architecture and architects are irrelevant and they aren’t! For too long I’ll ignore the significance of diverse teams and culture! I’ll start the transformation process in the technical teams and build out to the wider organisation which is just flawed! I’ll try to eradicate project management, plans, managers, architects, and standards….. Oh, there is just so much to tell me!
This presentation talks about approaches for building new delivery teams, advice on how to make existing teams more effective and insights on approaches which have been used to transform organisations.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- A Presentation to Myself on Organisational Agile Transformations (SkillsCast recorded in September 2017)
- Beyond Java 8 with Ben Evans (Online Workshop on 18th - 19th November 2022)
- BazelCon 2022 (Online Conference on 16th - 18th November 2022)
- YOW! London: In-Person (in London on 29th - 30th November 2022)
- E120 - Harjot Singh - Data Analytics at the Core of Digital Transformation (Online Meetup on 9th October 2022)
- Rust Lightning Talks (in Sydney on 10th October 2022)
- Uh, Does This Thing Actually Work? Modern Microservices Testing (SkillsCast recorded in August 2022)
- How to Contribute to Java and Open Source Projects (SkillsCast recorded in August 2022)
A Presentation to Myself on Organisational Agile Transformations
A Java programmer since 1996, I’ve fallen in love with Scala over the last two to three years. I’m extremely fortunate to work more or less full time in Scala at my current position at The Broad Institute. Interests include software engineering, agil