A SkillsCast for this session is not available.
When visuals come under test automation, the outcome rarely justifies the cost. Visual tests tend to be too brittle, to difficult to maintain, and too slow to execute for quick iterative delivery cycles. However, recent improvements in cloud computing and browser capabilities make it possible to change the economics of the test automation pyramid. Gojko will talk about how trends such as approval testing, cloud functions and automated image analysis can help us automate acceptance/regression tests for visual look and feel in a visual language, rather than xUnit style code, and make such tests easy to write, understand, execute and maintain.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Gojko Adzic: Facilitating Impact Mapping - September Meetup part 2 (Online Meetup on 29th September 2021)
- Painless visual testing (SkillsCast recorded in September 2018)
- YOW! December 2021 (Online Conference on 30th November - 1st December 2021)
- How to Read Complex Code (SkillsCast recorded in September 2021)
- Prioritizing Technical Debt as if Time and Money Matters (SkillsCast recorded in September 2020)
Painless visual testing
Gojko is a partner at Neuri Consulting LLP. He is the winner of the 2016 European Software Testing Outstanding Achievement Award, and the 2011 Most Influential Agile Testing Professional Award. Gojko's book Specification by Example won the Jolt Award for the Best Book of 2012, and his blog won the UK Agile Award for the best outline publication in 2010. Gojko is a frequent speaker at software development conferences, including NDC, Agile Days, Oredev, and YOW!, and is one of the authors of MindMup and Claudia.js.