A SkillsCast for this session is not available.
This is a practical workshop for developers and architects that want to take advantage of the latest trends in cloud computing: serverless apps and cloud functions. Through hands-on exercises and teamwork, you’ll learn about using AWS Lambda and API Gateway to create responsive event-driven micro-services, auto-scaling web APIs, and high-performance web sites. By the end of the workshop, you will create a useful real-world serverless application, exploring the typical architectural patterns.
Serverless platforms significantly reduce the cost of running high-performance web sites and API services in the cloud, but with a major impact on architecture, these services also require teams to re-think how to approach sessions, storage, authorization and testing.
The author of the workshop is Gojko Adzic, a key contributor to Claudia.js, a popular open-source deployment tool for AWS Lambda.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Gojko Adzic: Facilitating Impact Mapping - September Meetup part 2 (Online Meetup on 29th September 2021)
- Painless visual testing (SkillsCast recorded in September 2018)
- YOW! December 2021 (Online Conference on 30th November - 1st December 2021)
- How to Read Complex Code (SkillsCast recorded in September 2021)
- Prioritizing Technical Debt as if Time and Money Matters (SkillsCast recorded in September 2020)
Serverless Apps with AWS Lambda
Gojko is a partner at Neuri Consulting LLP. He is the winner of the 2016 European Software Testing Outstanding Achievement Award, and the 2011 Most Influential Agile Testing Professional Award. Gojko's book Specification by Example won the Jolt Award for the Best Book of 2012, and his blog won the UK Agile Award for the best outline publication in 2010. Gojko is a frequent speaker at software development conferences, including NDC, Agile Days, Oredev, and YOW!, and is one of the authors of MindMup and Claudia.js.