Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Developers are often very good at spotting repetition in their programs at the value level, but for some reason struggle, or are reluctant to apply that same careful analysis at the type level. This talk aims to build up an intuition for spotting when you can factor your types, examining what this gains you and looking at the practicalities for doing so in Scala. For appropriate buzz-word compliance during this talk you will see Scalaz, Monads, Monad transformers, data types and type classes.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Systems That Don't Forget (SkillsCast recorded in July 2020)
- Domain-Driven Design in Practice with Michael Plöd (Online Workshop on 20th - 22nd September 2022)
- Product Elevation Conference 2022: Online (Online Conference on 9th - 10th November 2022)
- Product Elevation Conference 2022: In-Person (in Dublin on 9th - 10th November 2022)
- Product Management Helps Us Build the RIGHT Things; Agile Helps Us To Build Things RIGHT (SkillsCast recorded in September 2021)
- Storystorming (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)