A SkillsCast for this session is not available.
All F# developers will be familiar with:
- seq expressions that allow imperative looking code to compute lazy sequences of data on demand.
- async blocks that enable asynchronous operations to be composed together.
Rather than build constructs like seq and async into the language F# has built them on top of a more general feature: computation expressions. This decision enables developers to build their own expression languages for composable abstractions using familiar syntax. This talk will explore the power of computation expressions to deal with a range of real-world problem domains. Examples will include:
- Composing computations that fail
- Asynchronous paged data sources
- Building typesafe domain specific languages that be can interpreted at runtime
By writing programs this way we can separate the pure problem domain from the underlying details of the computations.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: