You've found a Premium Feature!
Certain videos, events and workspaces require a Premium Membership. Become a Skills Matter Premium Member today to access exclusive benefits including free tickets to online conferences, Members-only events and discounts on training.Unlock this Video
The early 2010’s were exciting times for Scala. The language & ecosystem started to professionalize, both from a technical (binary compatibility) and a community point of view (many conferences were started). Not too long after Lightbend – then Typesafe – was founded, I registered the typelevel.org domain on a whim and put together a rudimentary website advertising a few FP-minded Scala libraries. Fast forward to today: Typelevel is known for a wealth of functional libraries, beginner-friendly educational resources, a series of conferences and a distinct ecosystem – including a custom compiler – within the Scala community. In this talk, I’d like to examine what got us there and into the mainstream.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Theorems for Free (SkillsCast recorded in November 2020)
- Akka Streams for Scala | ScalaCon Workshop (Online Course on 25th - 27th October 2021)
- Essential Effects | ScalaCon Workshop (Online Course on 25th - 28th October 2021)
- ScalaCon 2021: November Edition (Online Conference on 2nd - 5th November 2021)
- Journey to the Centre of the JVM (SkillsCast recorded in May 2021)
- Connecting the dots - building and structuring a functional application in Scala (SkillsCast recorded in May 2021)