A SkillsCast for this session is not available.
It appears that there is a complexity conspiracy seeking to make the development of even straightforward applications difficult.
To be successful today one needs to cope with the full-stack - a constantly changing collection of languages, APIs, tools and frameworks.
It appears that complexity begets complexity? Yet most applications are not intrinsically complicated!
In this talk, we look at simple proven techniques which provide improved productivity and quality. They have stood the test of time, but unfortunately, are not well known to most developers. These techniques reduce the gap between the product owner and developer usually reducing amount code which must be developed. They have been applied to problems in almost every industry banking to real-time control. They don't depend on a particular language or technology hence large portions of an application can be moved easily from legacy technology to modern technology. We discuss the techniques and provide case studies of their use in major applications.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- YOW! Perth Developer Conference 2022: Online (Online Conference on 19th - 20th September 2022)
- YOW! Perth Developer Conference 2022: In-Person (in Perth on 19th - 20th September 2022)
- 90 Minutes: Product vs Platform (SkillsCast recorded in February 2021)
- Inclusion in Tech: How to make (almost) everyone enjoy your party (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
- How To Build Tech Products Based on Neuroscience Insights (SkillsCast recorded in September 2018)