Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
The microservice architecture is becoming increasing important. But what is it exactly? Why should you care about microservices? And, what do you need to do to ensure that your organization uses the microservice architecture successfully? In this talk, I’ll answer these and other questions using shapes as visual metaphors. You will learn about the motivations for the microservice architecture and why simply adopting microservices is insufficient. I describe essential characteristics of microservices, You will learn how a successful microservice architecture consist of loosely coupled services with stable APIs that communicate asynchronous. I will cover strategies for effectively testing microservices.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Hands‑on Microservices Architecture and Design Workshop with Chris Richardson (Online Workshop on 7th - 17th June 2022)
- YOW! London: In-Person (in London on 22nd - 23rd September 2022)
- YOW! London: Online (Online Conference on 22nd - 23rd September 2022)
- Dark Energy, Dark Matter and Microservice Architecture Collaboration Patterns (SkillsCast recorded in May 2022)
- The Science of Queues: Performance Monitoring for Themes Parks and Distributed Systems (SkillsCast recorded in December 2020)
- Solving Problems like a Game Designer (SkillsCast recorded in December 2020)