A SkillsCast for this session is not available.
Gregor Hohpe has been a recognised expert in architecture for over 15 years, most recently with his work with a large worldwide insurance company. This is a special opportunity to spend a day learning and sharing experiences on how to navigate a digital transformation in the enterprise.
Many large enterprises are under pressure to transform their IT architecture and organization, as their business is attacked by “digital disruptors”. IT architects can play a key role in such a transformation because they combine the technical, communication, and organizational skill to apply IT for the benefit of the business. Their job is not an easy one, though: they must maneuver in an organization where IT is often still seen as a cost center, where operations means “run” as opposed to “change”, and where middle-management has become cozy neither understanding the business strategy nor the underlying technology.
This workshop illustrates how software or IT architects can play an active role in driving the digital transformation of a large enterprise. To do so, they need to extend their horizon beyond dealing with technology to navigate organizational politics, get management attention, work with external vendors, and pick the right battles. The examples and anecdotes originate from the presenter’s experience as Chief Architect in a large financial services organization that is undergoing a massive IT transformation.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- The Architect Elevator: Connecting IT and Boardroom (SkillsCast recorded in November 2022)
- YOW! December 2022: Online (Online Conference on 5th - 13th December 2022)
- YOW! Brisbane Developer Conference 2022 (in Brisbane on 5th - 6th December 2022)
- Exploring USB with Rust (Online Meetup on 2nd December 2022)
- London Java Community Unconference (in London on 5th December 2022)
- What Logic can Teach Us, Scala Programmers (SkillsCast recorded in October 2022)
- Taming the Context Beast (SkillsCast recorded in October 2022)