A SkillsCast for this session is not available.
Despite order of magnitude advances in hardware, significant improvements in software development and execution remain elusive. Modern practices of Continuous Delivery; Functional Programming; Microservices; Data Driven; NoSQL; Event Sourcing; Accelerated Development; Mobility; IoT; SAAS are only possible due to significant improvements in hardware.
What if FAST Hardware => FAST Software? Is this talk we look at ways in which simple design allows us to exploit the power of modern hardware. We begin with a quick look at hardware today and tomorrow and why software slows it down! We the argue through examples that aligning the software and hardware architecture often leads to much simpler, and faster solutions.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- 90 Minutes: Product vs Platform (SkillsCast recorded in February 2021)
- Rust Forum (Online Conference on 24th May 2022)
- Bazel eXchange: Watch Party (in London on 21st June 2022)
- LDN Talks May 2022 - Quickwit Takeover (in London on 30th May 2022)
- Rust Macros: The What, Why, and How (SkillsCast recorded in May 2022)
- Using Scenarios to Reinvigorate Your Microservice Architecture (SkillsCast recorded in April 2022)