A SkillsCast for this session is not available.
Despite order of magnitude advances in hardware, significant improvements in software development and execution remain elusive. Modern practices of Continuous Delivery; Functional Programming; Microservices; Data Driven; NoSQL; Event Sourcing; Accelerated Development; Mobility; IoT; SAAS are only possible due to significant improvements in hardware.
What if FAST Hardware => FAST Software? Is this talk we look at ways in which simple design allows us to exploit the power of modern hardware. We begin with a quick look at hardware today and tomorrow and why software slows it down! We the argue through examples that aligning the software and hardware architecture often leads to much simpler, and faster solutions.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- 90 Minutes: Product vs Platform (SkillsCast recorded in February 2021)
- YOW! London: In-Person (in London on 29th - 30th November 2022)
- YOW! London: Online (Online Conference on 29th - 30th November 2022)
- Rust London Code Dojo: Rust with Front-End Web Assembly (in London on 28th November 2022)
- High level JDK comparison for cloud native hosting (Online Meetup on 30th November 2022)
- What Logic can Teach Us, Scala Programmers (SkillsCast recorded in October 2022)
- Taming the Context Beast (SkillsCast recorded in October 2022)