Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Exceptions are part of API and system design, but often very little thought is given to the Exceptions that are raised, how they are named, and most importantly how the clients of your API or system are supposed to react.
- The typical developer approach to exceptions, and why developers act that way.
- Checked and unchecked exceptions – enforcing the API or just getting in the way
- Fourteen different exceptions that will pretty much cover anything any system or component will need to communicate.
- Making an exception useful, what does a client want to know when an exception is raised?
- The resurgence of HTTP response codes in the wake of REST,
- the ones you should know
- a couple of interesting thoughts on API versioning and health checks
- exceptions in asynchonous processing
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: