A SkillsCast for this session is not available.
Relational databases are a pretty high-level abstraction to start with. Chuck an ORM over the top, and the temptation to treat them as a magic box is understandable. We all know it’s wrong, sometimes we even kid ourselves we’ll get a specialist in for a week at the end for a design review, but there’s this app to build, and these sprints to run, and while the abstraction holds everything’s good. Abstractions never hold.
In this talk we’ll go beyond the basics and run through ten of the more common misconceptions developers have about relational databases, how they work, and some of the bear traps that lie in wait for the unwary. You will not leave an expert relational database designer, but hopefully you can avoid walking into some of the more common gotchas in future.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Rust Forum (Online Conference on 24th May 2022)
- Bazel eXchange: Watch Party (in London on 21st June 2022)
- LDN Talks May 2022 - Quickwit Takeover (in London on 30th May 2022)
- Rust Macros: The What, Why, and How (SkillsCast recorded in May 2022)
- Using Scenarios to Reinvigorate Your Microservice Architecture (SkillsCast recorded in April 2022)