A SkillsCast for this session is not available.
A large percentage of mobile apps use SQLite relational databases for persistence (such as Core Data on iOS), but are they always the right option?
NoSQL databases offer a compelling alternative in web applications, but developers seem firmly attached to a relational model on the device. There are a number of scenarios where this can deliver sub-optimal outcomes, such as search performance and data sync. This presentation will cover these issues and present a few alternatives, focusing on practical demonstrations of specific NoSQL approaches on iOS, however the concepts are highly applicable to other mobile platforms.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Implementing the Elm Architecture for iOS in Swift (SkillsCast recorded in May 2018)
- Rust Forum (Online Conference on 24th May 2022)
- Bazel eXchange: Watch Party (in London on 21st June 2022)
- LDN Talks May 2022 - Quickwit Takeover (in London on 30th May 2022)
- Rust Macros: The What, Why, and How (SkillsCast recorded in May 2022)
- Using Scenarios to Reinvigorate Your Microservice Architecture (SkillsCast recorded in April 2022)