A SkillsCast for this session is not available.
Automated testing is hard but necessary. A fully automated testing system requires serious investment and attention to be successful. LMAX has been committed this approach since its inception 6 years ago and learnt many hard lessons along the way. We will share the highlights our experience of testing a large and complex system including; the different types of testing that we apply, design patterns to write robust tests, tools (some open source) built to support the process and a few war stories.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- How to Do 100K TPS at Less than 1ms Latency (SkillsCast recorded in March 2011)
- Rust Forum (Online Conference on 24th May 2022)
- Bazel eXchange: Watch Party (in London on 21st June 2022)
- LDN Talks May 2022 - Quickwit Takeover (in London on 30th May 2022)
- Rust Macros: The What, Why, and How (SkillsCast recorded in May 2022)
- Using Scenarios to Reinvigorate Your Microservice Architecture (SkillsCast recorded in April 2022)
6 Years of Test Automation
Michael Barker is currently a lead developer at London Multi-Asset eXchange (LMAX) where he spends most of his time scratching his head while thinking about simpler and faster solutions.