A SkillsCast for this session is not available.
At Atlassian, we’ve been migrating applications in our Cloud platform to a microservice-based architecture to support the scale and agility we need to grow long into the future. While developing small microservices with the latest tech stacks is relatively quick and fun, rolling out such radical architectural changes to 60,000+ existing instances of systems used continuously by our customers with minimal downtime and no loss of data is extremely challenging. In this talk, we’ll describe our safety-first approach for achieving this, using our recent work rolling out a microservice binary data storage and migrating many terabytes of attachment data from JIRA into AWS as our main case study. We will discuss our success stories and learnings for rapidly developing new microservices with pure functional architecture, planning and executing safe rollout, and engaging the rest of the organisation to achieve immediate and future business benefits.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Bazel eXchange: Watch Party (in London on 21st June 2022)
- Bazel eXchange (Online Conference on 21st - 22nd June 2022)
- LDN Talks May 2022 - Quickwit Takeover (in London on 30th May 2022)
- Rust in 2024 (SkillsCast recorded in May 2022)
- Rust's Unique Ownership Concept: Practical Examples and Why It's Important (SkillsCast recorded in May 2022)