A SkillsCast for this session is not available.
Remote working in our industry is becoming more prevalent everyday. Geography is no longer a constraint in setting up a work function in an organisation.In 2010 REA Group, together with ThoughtWorks China, set up an offshore delivery centre.This centre works extremely effectively using REA Agile processes.
I have been building remote teams in Xi’an for the past 2 1/2 years. As a Technical Lead,I have detailed hands on experience and specifics that I will share with the audience on what has worked well for us as well as what hasn’t worked so well. This case study will provide a recipe for working with remote agile teams effectively. In particular I will cover:
- Remote team composition
- Essential technology
- Core practices
- Asynchronous versus Synchronous communication
- Common Challenges
- Building a successful culture
- Tips and tricks for remote working
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Bazel eXchange: Watch Party (in London on 21st June 2022)
- Bazel eXchange (Online Conference on 21st - 22nd June 2022)
- LDN Talks May 2022 - Quickwit Takeover (in London on 30th May 2022)
- Rust in 2024 (SkillsCast recorded in May 2022)
- Rust's Unique Ownership Concept: Practical Examples and Why It's Important (SkillsCast recorded in May 2022)