A SkillsCast for this session is not available.
Technology gurus predict that in 2017 – 2018 time frame we have computers with 10 terabytes of non-volatile memory! In this talk we explore the disruptive impact of massive amounts of memory and try to answer the following questions. What are the potential benefits and costs of all this free and persistent memory? Will be have database or file systems or transaction read/write sets or Java style garbage collection? What happens to application architectures and development in the huge memory world? How can large memory make development better and execution faster?
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- 90 Minutes: Product vs Platform (SkillsCast recorded in February 2021)
- YOW! London: In-Person (in London on 29th - 30th November 2022)
- YOW! London: Online (Online Conference on 29th - 30th November 2022)
- Rust London Code Dojo: Rust with Front-End Web Assembly (in London on 28th November 2022)
- High level JDK comparison for cloud native hosting (Online Meetup on 30th November 2022)
- What Logic can Teach Us, Scala Programmers (SkillsCast recorded in October 2022)
- Taming the Context Beast (SkillsCast recorded in October 2022)