A SkillsCast for this session is not available.
Technology gurus predict that in 2017 – 2018 time frame we have computers with 10 terabytes of non-volatile memory! In this talk we explore the disruptive impact of massive amounts of memory and try to answer the following questions. What are the potential benefits and costs of all this free and persistent memory? Will be have database or file systems or transaction read/write sets or Java style garbage collection? What happens to application architectures and development in the huge memory world? How can large memory make development better and execution faster?
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- 90 Minutes: Product vs Platform (SkillsCast recorded in February 2021)
- Bazel eXchange: Watch Party (in London on 21st June 2022)
- Bazel eXchange (Online Conference on 21st - 22nd June 2022)
- LDN Talks May 2022 - Quickwit Takeover (in London on 30th May 2022)
- Rust in 2024 (SkillsCast recorded in May 2022)
- Rust's Unique Ownership Concept: Practical Examples and Why It's Important (SkillsCast recorded in May 2022)