Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Many developers at small companies, and most indies, don’t have the luxury of collaborating with genuine beret-wearing, latte-sipping designers. But never fear! There are at least 23 weird tricks you can learn to avoid your app looking like it was designed by a developer. After twenty years of designing for print, and six years making mobile apps, James White is probably still a better designer than he is a developer (although some might say that isn’t saying much). In this session he’ll talk about branding, colour, iconography, typography, whitespace, and the holy trinity of aesthetics, functionality and usability. Expect pretty slides, and to leave with a notebook full of tiny but useful tidbits of advice.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Bazel eXchange: Watch Party (in London on 21st June 2022)
- Bazel eXchange (Online Conference on 21st - 22nd June 2022)
- LDN Talks May 2022 - Quickwit Takeover (in London on 30th May 2022)
- Rust in 2024 (SkillsCast recorded in May 2022)
- Rust's Unique Ownership Concept: Practical Examples and Why It's Important (SkillsCast recorded in May 2022)