Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Automated testing is widely considered a best practice. After considerable effort, the industry now agrees that unit testing, system testing, usability, and performance testing are essential in most serious development efforts, but we know that they are hard work. In this keynote, Michael Feathers will discuss challenges to the testing orthodoxy presented by micro-services, transient code, and functional programming, and reflect on where we might find ourselves in 10 years.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Keynote: Socio-Technique and Structure (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
- YOW! London: In-Person (in London on 29th - 30th November 2022)
- YOW! London: Online (Online Conference on 29th - 30th November 2022)
- Rust London Code Dojo: Rust with Front-End Web Assembly (in London on 28th November 2022)
- High level JDK comparison for cloud native hosting (Online Meetup on 30th November 2022)
- What Logic can Teach Us, Scala Programmers (SkillsCast recorded in October 2022)
- Taming the Context Beast (SkillsCast recorded in October 2022)
Michael Feathers is founder and Director of R7K Research & Conveyance, which specialise in software and organisation design, and was previously Chief Scientist of Obtiva. He has worked with hundreds of organisations to revitalise their code as well as support in process change and software design. Michael is a powerful voice on the relationship between complex code evolution and output efficiency within organisations.