Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Automated testing is widely considered a best practice. After considerable effort, the industry now agrees that unit testing, system testing, usability, and performance testing are essential in most serious development efforts, but we know that they are hard work. In this keynote, Michael Feathers will discuss challenges to the testing orthodoxy presented by micro-services, transient code, and functional programming, and reflect on where we might find ourselves in 10 years.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Keynote: Socio-Technique and Structure (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
- Bazel eXchange: Watch Party (in London on 21st June 2022)
- Bazel eXchange (Online Conference on 21st - 22nd June 2022)
- LDN Talks May 2022 - Quickwit Takeover (in London on 30th May 2022)
- Rust in 2024 (SkillsCast recorded in May 2022)
- Rust's Unique Ownership Concept: Practical Examples and Why It's Important (SkillsCast recorded in May 2022)
Michael Feathers is founder and Director of R7K Research & Conveyance, which specialise in software and organisation design, and was previously Chief Scientist of Obtiva. He has worked with hundreds of organisations to revitalise their code as well as support in process change and software design. Michael is a powerful voice on the relationship between complex code evolution and output efficiency within organisations.