You've found a Premium Feature!
Certain videos, events and workspaces require a Premium Membership. Become a Skills Matter Premium Member today to access exclusive benefits including free tickets to online conferences, Members-only events and discounts on training.Unlock this Video
What do you do when your quest for power leads you to implementations which are not just platform- but processor- and even architecture-version-specific in nature? How do you even start tracking down a bug in a Scala-based implementation which is not only non-deterministic but only manifests on certain hardware? In this talk, we will dive into the wild and ill-understood world of CPU architecture, memory models, and JVM intrinsics (all through the lens of very high-level purely functional abstractions!) as we examine the story of the most convoluted and mind-bending bug hunt of my entire career.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Functional Compilers: From CFG to EXE (SkillsCast recorded in November 2012)
- FP in Kotlin with Arrow with Jorge Castillo (Online Course on 27th - 30th July 2021)
- Akka Streams for Scala | ScalaCon Workshop (Online Course on 25th - 27th October 2021)
- F# eXchange 2021 (Online Conference on 20th - 21st October 2021)
- ScalaCon 2021: November Edition (Online Conference on 2nd - 5th November 2021)
- A History of Enterprise Monads (SkillsCast recorded in May 2021)
- Connecting the dots - building and structuring a functional application in Scala (SkillsCast recorded in May 2021)