Being a Product Owner should be a rewarding and challenging experience when you are able to execute the role in such a way that allows your organization to grow, the teams to be truly self-managing (in the way agile intended) and to develop a product that customers and users alike love.
Sadly, in many organizations, this is a goal and not a reality, but why? When the role of Product Owner meets the (let’s say, traditional) needs and expectations of an organization the role often loses the fundamental characteristics and responsibilities that make it so powerful.
In this talk, Ben will explore some of the most detrimental systemic effects that can arise when the role is not understood correctly or carried out poorly and how these effects can destroy any dreams or success when attempting agile at scale.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Certified Agile Team Coaching with Ben Maynard & Jon Spruce (Online Workshop on 7th - 11th March 2022)
- Certified Large-Scale Scrum Practitioner: Principles to Practices (In Person) with Ben Maynard (in on 15th - 17th March 2022)
- Certified Large-Scale Scrum for Executives with Ben Maynard (Online Workshop on 26th - 27th September 2022)
- Platform or Product? The choice is yours! (SkillsCast recorded in November 2021)
- YOW! London: In-Person (in London on 10th - 11th May 2022)
- YOW! London: Online (Online Conference on 10th - 11th May 2022)
- Gemba Sprints (Online Meetup on 8th February 2022)
- Product Elevation Meetup featuring Tony Ulwick (Online Meetup on 22nd February 2022)
- Agile Product Roadmaps (SkillsCast recorded in January 2022)
- Integration Leadership (SkillsCast recorded in January 2022)