Being a Product Owner should be a rewarding and challenging experience when you are able to execute the role in such a way that allows your organization to grow, the teams to be truly self-managing (in the way agile intended) and to develop a product that customers and users alike love.
Sadly, in many organizations, this is a goal and not a reality, but why? When the role of Product Owner meets the (let’s say, traditional) needs and expectations of an organization the role often loses the fundamental characteristics and responsibilities that make it so powerful.
In this talk, Ben will explore some of the most detrimental systemic effects that can arise when the role is not understood correctly or carried out poorly and how these effects can destroy any dreams or success when attempting agile at scale.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Provisional Certified Large-Scale Scrum Practitioner with Ben Maynard (Online Course on 27th - 29th September 2021)
- Certified Agile Team Coaching with Ben Maynard & Jon Spruce (Online Course on 15th - 18th November 2021)
- Large-Scale Scrum In-Person Courses Bundle with Ben Maynard (in London on 22nd - 26th November 2021)
- Certified Large-Scale Scrum Practitioner: Principles to Practices (In Person) with Ben Maynard (in London on 22nd - 24th November 2021)
- LeSS & Learn - Deepen Knowledge and Share Experiences with Ben Maynard (in London on 25th - 26th November 2021)
- Certified Large-Scale Scrum Basics with Ben Maynard (Online Course on 24th - 25th January 2022)
- The Leader's New Relationships (SkillsCast recorded in September 2021)
- Reasoning Systematically: the Art of Integration Leadership — 2 Half‑Day Workshops [SAG Digital 2021] (Online Course on 11th - 12th October 2021)
- YOW! December 2021 (Online Conference on 30th November - 1st December 2021)
- Leadership eXchange Forum (Online Conference on 27th January 2022)
- An Evening with TimClicks (Online Meetup on 28th September 2021)
- Gojko Adzic: Facilitating Impact Mapping - September Meetup part 2 (Online Meetup on 29th September 2021)
- Product Management Helps Us Build the RIGHT Things; Agile Helps Us To Build Things RIGHT (SkillsCast recorded in September 2021)
- Lessons from Leading through Uncertain Times (SkillsCast recorded in September 2021)
How Product Ownership Kills Agile at Scale
Ben has coached, trained and been passionate about software and people since 2009. Passionate about organisational culture and design that enables the creation of value both for Product and are we building it in the right way.