Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
According to the Health and Safety Executives Labour Force Study, 54% of all working days lost in the UK were attributed to work-related stress.
In a 2020 UK workplace stress survey conducted by Perkbox, 79% of British adults in employment reported that they commonly experience workplace stress, citing ‘work-related office politics’ (37%) as the most common cause.
For organisations and their employees to flourish, it’s vital that individuals feel connected, supported and have high quality social relationships. To achieve this, we must remove psychological hazards and promote empathy and compassion in the workplace
Nonviolent communication helps us foster greater connection, understanding and compassion, enabling us to find strategies to meet each other's needs. It’s founded on language and communication skills that strengthen our ability to remain human, even under trying circumstances.
Join Jenny in this talk to explore the practice of nonviolent communication, and how you can use it to build trust, develop better quality relationships and resolve conflicts.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Knowing Me Knowing you.... Ahaaaaa! (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
- Domain-Driven Design in Practice with Michael Plöd (Online Workshop on 13th - 15th December 2022)
- Certified Agile Team Coaching with Ben Maynard & Jon Spruce (Online Workshop on 6th - 10th February 2023)
- YOW! December 2022: Online (Online Conference on 5th - 13th December 2022)
- YOW! Brisbane Developer Conference 2022 (in Brisbane on 5th - 6th December 2022)
- Foundations of Social Leadership (Online Meetup on 18th January 2023)
- How to Document and Communicate Software Architectures These Days (SkillsCast recorded in November 2022)
- Business Agility powered by Product Strategy (SkillsCast recorded in November 2022)
Words Matter. Build Team Relationships and Push Through Conflicts by Practicing Nonviolent Communication
Jenny is an independent trainer, facilitator and coach in collaborative software development techniques and team development, specialising in leadership, accelerated Agile delivery and public speaking.