Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
In this session,we will be joined by author of Dynamic Reteaming, Heidi Helfand, to discuss the varies ways reteaming happens and if managed correctly, how it can improve an enterprises ability to adapt and help people enjoy what they do.
After that we will hear from Chris Smith, Head of Product Delivery at Redgate Software.
For the past three years, Redgate has run a self-selection reteaming process to reconfigure how their teams are assigned to reflect the company’s strategy and plans for the year ahead. The approach has been to allow people to strongly influence where in the new team structure they will work, encouraging them to move towards the work they find most engaging. They’ve come to re-evaluate the traditional wisdom of aiming for very stable teams and recognise the virtues of deliberately and thoughtfully changing-up teams. This approach has helped us create a development culture of engagement, resilience and opportunity. And our team-game is still as strong as ever.
Chris will share how Redgate came to try it’s own style of self-selection team reorganisation. He’ll talk about how this has become an established annual event, the challenges and benefits of the approach and now we adapted the process to reteam a fully-remote workforce in January 2021.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Dynamic Reteaming at Fast-Growing Companies (SkillsCast recorded in September 2018)
- Certified Agile Team Coaching with Ben Maynard & Jon Spruce (Online Course on 15th - 18th November 2021)
- Agile at Scale with Joakim Sundén (Online Course on 22nd - 25th November 2021)
- YOW! December 2021 (Online Conference on 30th November - 1st December 2021)
- Leadership eXchange Forum (Online Conference on 27th January 2022)
- Debunking What Makes a Great Leader (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)
- The Myth of Team Autonomy: Why it is an Illusion and We Still Need It (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)
Chris is Head of Product Delivery at Redgate. His job is to lead the software development teams that work on Redgate's ingeniously simple database software, building teams with clarity of purpose, freedom to act and a drive to learn. For the last three years Chris has lead Redgate's annual reteaming process which gives people a strong influence over which team they are part of, encouraging them to move towards the work they find most engaging
Director of Engineering ExcellenceProcore Technologies