Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
“The humid air enveloped them, while they laid on their backs staring up at the blanket of stars.” As you read that, what was your reaction? An asthmatic may have instinctively coughed. Another person may have fanned themselves. Maybe you skimmed the sentence altogether, scrolling beyond to find a subject more appealing to you than this narrative. In any case, your brain went into motion, in a different way than what you might have originally expected.
With the many avenues of communication, it is difficult to engage the audience. In this case, the audience is our co-workers and our leadership. Competing lines of communication, an overload of data, and the commitment to deliver work get in the way of innovation and productivity. Wouldn’t it be great to be able to pause for a moment to be transformed to a place to gain a better understanding of the purpose? In this talk, we will discuss the importance of storytelling and how you can use it to help shift the lens on culture. Afterwards, you will:
- Understand how a great story can transform culture
- Craft an engaging narrative to communicate strategy
- Deliver information through stories
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- ICAgile Certified Agile Team Facilitator with Ben Maynard & Jon Spruce (Online Workshop on 13th - 16th June 2022)
- Certified Large-Scale Scrum Practitioner: Principles to Practices (In Person) with Ben Maynard (in London on 11th - 13th July 2022)
- YOW! Perth Developer Conference 2022: Online (Online Conference on 19th - 20th September 2022)
- YOW! Perth Developer Conference 2022: In-Person (in Perth on 19th - 20th September 2022)
- LDN Talks May 2022 - Quickwit Takeover (in London on 30th May 2022)
- Inspiring Women in FinTech & Crypto (Online Meetup on 1st June 2022)
- The Role of the LeSS Practitioner (SkillsCast recorded in April 2022)
- Panel: What to Expect When you Might (or not) be Expecting (SkillsCast recorded in March 2022)
Storytelling: Shifting the Culture Through Sharing Experiences
Bianca Sias is an Enterprise Transformation Coach and Agile Strategy Lead at JPMC. She has been an Agilist for the past 13 years.