Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
“The humid air enveloped them, while they laid on their backs staring up at the blanket of stars.” As you read that, what was your reaction? An asthmatic may have instinctively coughed. Another person may have fanned themselves. Maybe you skimmed the sentence altogether, scrolling beyond to find a subject more appealing to you than this narrative. In any case, your brain went into motion, in a different way than what you might have originally expected.
With the many avenues of communication, it is difficult to engage the audience. In this case, the audience is our co-workers and our leadership. Competing lines of communication, an overload of data, and the commitment to deliver work get in the way of innovation and productivity. Wouldn’t it be great to be able to pause for a moment to be transformed to a place to gain a better understanding of the purpose? In this talk, we will discuss the importance of storytelling and how you can use it to help shift the lens on culture. Afterwards, you will:
- Understand how a great story can transform culture
- Craft an engaging narrative to communicate strategy
- Deliver information through stories
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Certified Agile Team Coaching with Ben Maynard & Jon Spruce (Online Course on 15th - 18th November 2021)
- Certified Large-Scale Scrum Practitioner: Principles to Practices (In Person) with Ben Maynard (in London on 22nd - 24th November 2021)
- YOW! December 2021 (Online Conference on 30th November - 1st December 2021)
- Leadership eXchange Forum (Online Conference on 27th January 2022)
- Merging Kanplexity™ with LeSS (Online Meetup on 2nd November 2021)
- Retrospecitves Antipatterns (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)
- Debunking What Makes a Great Leader (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)
Storytelling: Shifting the Culture Through Sharing Experiences
Bianca Sias is an Enterprise Transformation Coach and Agile Strategy Lead at JPMC. She has been an Agilist for the past 13 years.