This SkillsCast is currently only available to registered attendees of The Study of Enterprise Agility Community: Global Enterprise Agility Month — People Week
It will be freely available to all Skills Matter members once the The Study of Enterprise Agility Community: Global Enterprise Agility Month — People Week early-access window expires on October 18, 2021.
“The humid air enveloped them, while they laid on their backs staring up at the blanket of stars.” As you read that, what was your reaction? An asthmatic may have instinctively coughed. Another person may have fanned themselves. Maybe you skimmed the sentence altogether, scrolling beyond to find a subject more appealing to you than this narrative. In any case, your brain went into motion, in a different way than what you might have originally expected.
With the many avenues of communication, it is difficult to engage the audience. In this case, the audience is our co-workers and our leadership. Competing lines of communication, an overload of data, and the commitment to deliver work get in the way of innovation and productivity. Wouldn’t it be great to be able to pause for a moment to be transformed to a place to gain a better understanding of the purpose? In this talk, we will discuss the importance of storytelling and how you can use it to help shift the lens on culture. Afterwards, you will:
- Understand how a great story can transform culture
- Craft an engaging narrative to communicate strategy
- Deliver information through stories
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Certified Large-Scale Scrum Practitioner: Principles to Practices (In Person) with Ben Maynard (in London on 16th - 18th August 2021)
- Large-Scale Scrum In-Person Courses Bundle with Ben Maynard (in London on 16th - 20th August 2021)
- P3X — People Product Process eXchange 2021 (Online Conference on 8th - 9th September 2021)
- YOW! Perth 2021 (in Perth on 14th - 15th September 2021)
- Team Identity and its Impact on an Organisation (Online Meetup on 3rd August 2021)
- Product Management Helps Us Build the RIGHT Things (in Online Event on 15th September 2021)
- Agility Despite Scale with Organigram Adaptif (SkillsCast recorded in July 2021)
- Dare to Challenge, Dare to Think Differently (SkillsCast recorded in July 2021)
Storytelling: Shifting the Culture Through Sharing Experiences
Bianca Sias is an Enterprise Transformation Coach and Agile Strategy Lead at JPMC. She has been an Agilist for the past 13 years.