Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
In January 2021, we set out to aggressively scale up the R&D team at Octopus. Starting at 39 people, we set a target of 95 and called ourselves crazy, expecting to achieve something more realistic. By August, we'd done it (whoa!) and are now consolidating this growth into a cohesive high-performance team (the hardest part). In this talk, I will share what we learned along the way; recognising when it's time to grow; setting the best conditions to accommodate growth; tools to help manage growth; mistakes we made and how we corrected on the fly; consolidating and making the growth worthwhile.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- World-class engineering for an Octopus (SkillsCast recorded in December 2019)
- Foundations of Social Leadership with Sea Salt Learning (Online Workshop on 21st - 24th February 2023)
- Social Leadership: Power and Potential with Sea Salt Learning (Online Workshop on 9th - 10th March 2023)
- How to Scale: Rethinking the Product Design Career Ladder (SkillsCast recorded in November 2022)
- Maturing and Scaling Your Design Team with Design Principles (SkillsCast recorded in November 2022)