This SkillsCast is currently only available to registered attendees of YOW! September 2021
It will be freely available to all Skills Matter members once the YOW! September 2021 early-access window expires on December 16, 2021.
In January 2021, we set out to aggressively scale up the R&D team at Octopus. Starting at 39 people, we set a target of 95 and called ourselves crazy, expecting to achieve something more realistic. By August, we'd done it (whoa!) and are now consolidating this growth into a cohesive high-performance team (the hardest part). In this talk, I will share what we learned along the way; recognising when it's time to grow; setting the best conditions to accommodate growth; tools to help manage growth; mistakes we made and how we corrected on the fly; consolidating and making the growth worthwhile.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- World-class engineering for an Octopus (SkillsCast recorded in December 2019)
- Reasoning Systematically: the Art of Integration Leadership — 2 Half‑Day Workshops [SAG Digital 2021] (Online Course on 11th - 12th October 2021)
- Agile at Scale with Joakim Sundén (Online Course on 22nd - 25th November 2021)
- YOW! December 2021 (Online Conference on 30th November - 1st December 2021)
- Leadership eXchange Forum (Online Conference on 27th January 2022)
- An Evening with TimClicks (Online Meetup on 28th September 2021)
- Personal SLAs: How to Maintain Balance at Work (Online Meetup on 30th September 2021)
- Intersectional Communication (SkillsCast recorded in September 2021)
- Product Management Helps Us Build the RIGHT Things; Agile Helps Us To Build Things RIGHT (SkillsCast recorded in September 2021)