Doctor Syn is a computer algebra system with a focus on giving libm a more 21st century feel — mainly through autovectorisation and inlining. libm is the C standard maths library whch has many implementations but is only available for one language: C.
The companion project, libmgen generates the standard C maths libary for many languages and register formats including SIMD. We are able to generate polynomial approximations inline in Rust code which can then be translated using the syn Rust library to different formats.
Expected speedups are anything up to 30 times for single threaded and a thousand times for multi threaded operation.
The library generator allows varying levels of accuracy and edge-case handling for games, finance or mission critical applications.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Introduction to Rust (Online Workshop on 1st - 6th March 2023)
- Rust Nation 23 (in London on 16th - 17th February 2023)
- Rust Nation Pre-Conference Reception with The Rust Foundation (in London on 15th February 2023)
- Sharing is Caring? Comparing Ownership in Haskell and Rust (SkillsCast recorded in December 2022)
- Sharing is Caring? Comparing ownership in Haskell and Rust (SkillsCast recorded in December 2022)