Doctor Syn is a computer algebra system with a focus on giving libm a more 21st century feel — mainly through autovectorisation and inlining. libm is the C standard maths library whch has many implementations but is only available for one language: C.
The companion project, libmgen generates the standard C maths libary for many languages and register formats including SIMD. We are able to generate polynomial approximations inline in Rust code which can then be translated using the syn Rust library to different formats.
Expected speedups are anything up to 30 times for single threaded and a thousand times for multi threaded operation.
The library generator allows varying levels of accuracy and edge-case handling for games, finance or mission critical applications.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Introduction to Rust (Online Workshop on 8th - 15th June 2022)
- Embedded Rust: Beginners Workshop (Online Workshop on 30th June 2022)
- LDN Talks May 2022 - Quickwit Takeover (in London on 30th May 2022)
- Rust in 2024 (SkillsCast recorded in May 2022)
- Rust's Unique Ownership Concept: Practical Examples and Why It's Important (SkillsCast recorded in May 2022)