Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Software development is an asymptotic process. What developers often overlook is that the life expectation of lines of code exceeds the average duration of a developer's stay in the project or team. More often that not it's other programmers who will have to maintain our code, so we should strive to get a clear and consistent representation of our domain in code early, even though it will be continuously revised and improved.
This talk is about how we describe in F# the domain of media content distribution and why we believe F# is an excellent language for efficient collaboration in dynamic teams.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Staying close to experts with executable specifications (SkillsCast recorded in April 2012)
- F# eXchange 2023: In-Person (in London on 7th - 8th March 2023)
- F# eXchange 2023: Conference Livestream (Online Conference on 7th - 8th March 2023)
- Haskell: A Conversion Experience (SkillsCast recorded in November 2021)
- Using F# to Structure an Island of Simplicity (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)
Lightning Talk: F# as DSL for Complex Domains
Vagif Abilov is a Russian/Norwegian software developer working at Miles. He has more than 30 years of programming experience, currently writing code in F# and C#. Vagif is a frequent speaker at software conferences where he also plays in a speakers band "Dylan and Linebreakers".