Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Micro Frontends are not the only solution and – unsurprisingly – not always suitable. Hence, in this session, I present an alternative frontend architecture that we have successfully used in numerous enterprise projects in recent years: the Frontend Modulith. We discuss dividing your applications into less complex parts, the mapping of your business domains, the categorization of libraries, and access restrictions for enforcing your intended frontend architecture. You will also see how you can drastically improve the performance of your CI process with incremental builds and tests as well as local and distributed build caches. The examples use Angular and Nx, a tool that comes from former Google employees and supports the development of structured enterprise applications with frameworks like Angular or React. In the end, you know whether Frontend Moduliths are the right approach for you and how you can use them to build sustainable frontends for your enterprise solutions.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- The Microfrontend Revolution: Webpack 5 Module Federation (SkillsCast recorded in April 2021)
- Domain-Driven Design in Practice with Michael Plöd (Online Workshop on 20th - 22nd September 2022)
- Functional Domain Models in Practice with Marco Heimeshoff (Online Workshop on 17th - 21st October 2022)
- Software Architecture in a DevOps World (SkillsCast recorded in February 2022)
- Understanding Microservices: A Guide for the Monolithic Developer (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)