Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Micro Frontends are not the only solution and – unsurprisingly – not always suitable. Hence, in this session, I present an alternative frontend architecture that we have successfully used in numerous enterprise projects in recent years: the Frontend Modulith. We discuss dividing your applications into less complex parts, the mapping of your business domains, the categorization of libraries, and access restrictions for enforcing your intended frontend architecture. You will also see how you can drastically improve the performance of your CI process with incremental builds and tests as well as local and distributed build caches. The examples use Angular and Nx, a tool that comes from former Google employees and supports the development of structured enterprise applications with frameworks like Angular or React. In the end, you know whether Frontend Moduliths are the right approach for you and how you can use them to build sustainable frontends for your enterprise solutions.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- The Microfrontend Revolution: Webpack 5 Module Federation (SkillsCast recorded in April 2021)
- Flexible Architectures: Microservices, Self-contained Systems and Continuous Delivery with Eberhard Wolff & Niko Will (Online Workshop on 22nd - 24th February 2022)
- Evolution and Improvement of Software Architectures with Markus Harrer (Online Workshop on 21st - 23rd March 2022)
- Understanding Microservices: A Guide for the Monolithic Developer (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)
- F# Gives You Superpowers (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)