The introduction of a new programming language is a significant undertaking with long-term implications — a choice not to be taken lightly.
TrueLayer's main business is not system programming, yet we decided to bet on Rust. Why? How?
During the talk we will walk through our adoption story: from the first CLIs and cheeky projects to a Rust-backed new product line, with Rust-specific job openings. We'll share our expectations, our challenges, our doubts, the mistakes we made and the lessons we learned as we ramped up our usage.
If you are looking to embark on a similar journey, even if for a different language, this talk is for you.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Introduction to Rust (Online Workshop on 9th - 16th March 2022)
- Embedded Rust: Beginners Workshop (Online Workshop on 24th March 2022)
- Rust (Remote) Hack & Learn (Online Meetup on 29th January 2022)
- Test Those Metrics! Our Black-Box Approach for Observability Testing (SkillsCast recorded in December 2021)
- Core Banking: A Tour of a Payments Ledger (SkillsCast recorded in December 2021)