The introduction of a new programming language is a significant undertaking with long-term implications — a choice not to be taken lightly.
TrueLayer's main business is not system programming, yet we decided to bet on Rust. Why? How?
During the talk we will walk through our adoption story: from the first CLIs and cheeky projects to a Rust-backed new product line, with Rust-specific job openings. We'll share our expectations, our challenges, our doubts, the mistakes we made and the lessons we learned as we ramped up our usage.
If you are looking to embark on a similar journey, even if for a different language, this talk is for you.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Embedded Rust: Beginners Workshop (Online Workshop on 8th December 2022)
- Embedded Rust: Advanced Workshop (Online Workshop on 15th December 2022)
- Rust Nation 23 (in London on 16th - 17th February 2023)
- Rust London Code Dojo: Rust with Front-End Web Assembly (in London on 28th November 2022)
- Rust in Critical Infrastructure (in Amsterdam on 30th November 2022)
- Building Rust Projects with Nix and Bazel (SkillsCast recorded in June 2022)
- Chitchat: Decentralised Cluster Membership with Failure Detection in Rust (SkillsCast recorded in May 2022)