Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Every programming language uses either a garbage collector or lets you handle memory freely. Rust introduces a whole new approach: Ownership. Rust Ownership and Borrowing model combines the safety of a garbage collected language with the speed of a language like C that lets you handle the memory freely. In this talk, we will see how it works in practice. Then we will investigate why this is an essential concept of the language. This talk is for developers with no prior knowledge of Rust.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Embedded Rust: Beginners Workshop (Online Workshop on 8th December 2022)
- Embedded Rust: Advanced Workshop (Online Workshop on 15th December 2022)
- YOW! December 2022: Online (Online Conference on 5th - 13th December 2022)
- YOW! Brisbane Developer Conference 2022 (in Brisbane on 5th - 6th December 2022)
- London Java Community Unconference (in London on 5th December 2022)
- Next generation i18n with rust (icu4x) and zero-copy deserialization (in Zürich on 7th December 2022)
- What Logic can Teach Us, Scala Programmers (SkillsCast recorded in October 2022)
- Taming the Context Beast (SkillsCast recorded in October 2022)