Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Dark energy and dark matter are useful metaphors for the repulsive forces, which encourage decomposition into services, and the attractive forces, which resist decomposition. You must balance these conflicting forces when defining a microservice architecture including when designing system operations (a.k.a. requests) that span services.
In this talk, I describe the dark energy and dark matter forces. You will learn how to design system operations that span services using microservice architecture collaboration patterns: Saga, Command-side replica, API composition, and CQRS patterns. I describe how each of these patterns resolve the dark energy and dark matter forces differently.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- YOW! London: In-Person (in London on 22nd - 23rd September 2022)
- YOW! London: Online (Online Conference on 22nd - 23rd September 2022)
- Using Scenarios to Reinvigorate Your Microservice Architecture (SkillsCast recorded in April 2022)
- Java Forum (Online Conference on 31st August 2022)
- Rust Async History, Libs, and Patterns (SkillsCast recorded in May 2022)
- Gravitee APIM Behind Istio Service Mesh (SkillsCast recorded in May 2022)