Mark Murphy will explore in this talk how Android isn't only for Java devs -- there are plenty of opportunities for web app development. Note: Mark will be beaming in from his home in North America to deliver this session via Skype
Mark Murphy, who teaches introductory and advanced Android application development at Skills Matter, has kindly agreed to give this free talk.
Many developers think of Android as being only for Java developers. While that is the “sweet spot” today for Android, there are plenty of opportunities to develop applications for Android using Web technologies you may already know.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Getting By With Less Than 1.21 Gigawatts ("Project Volta") (SkillsCast recorded in October 2014)
- Real World Kotlin Development Workshop (in London on 1st - 2nd July 2019)
- Damjan Vujnovic's Angular Workshop (in London on 3rd - 5th July 2019)
- droidcon London 2019 (in London on 24th - 25th October 2019)
- Flutter London June Meetup (in London on 17th June 2019)
- Keynote by Rebecca Franks on Tips for Building Custom Views on Android with Canvas APIs📏🎨 (in London on 19th June 2019)
- Frontend Series (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
- AdoptOpenJDK - And how it impacts you in 2019 (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
Android Web Apps
Mark Murphy is the founder of CommonsWare and the author of the Busy Coder’s Guide to Android Development. He is active in supporting the Android developer community, from answering questions on Stac