Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Java is over 25 years old and comes from a very different world to the one that we find ourselves in today. Join Ben Evans as he discusses how we got here, and what changes and developments will affect Java-based applications in the coming years, as more and more applications become fully Cloud-Native.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Fantastic Bytecodes & How To Interpret Them (SkillsCast recorded in July 2018)
- Haskell eXchange 2022: Novice Track (Online Conference on 7th December 2022)
- YOW! Melbourne Developer Conference 2022 (in Melbourne on 8th - 9th December 2022)
- Next generation i18n with rust (icu4x) and zero-copy deserialization (in Zürich on 7th December 2022)
- December 2022 Meetup (in Collingwood on 8th December 2022)
- Saving Costs with Pragmatic Serverless Java Architectures (SkillsCast recorded in November 2022)
- What Logic can Teach Us, Scala Programmers (SkillsCast recorded in October 2022)
Reimagining Java for the Age of Cloud
Ben Evans is an author, entrepreneur, consultant and educator. His career highlights to date include: Co-founding jClarity, a performance startup, Chief Architect for Listed Derivatives at Deutsche Bank, Performance testing the Google IPO, consulting CTO to several startups, initial UK trials of 3G networks with BT, building award-winning websites for some of Hollywood's biggest hits of the 90s, developing some of the UK’s very first true e-commerce websites, building multibillion dollar low-latency trading systems and designing technology to help some of the UK’s most vulnerable people.