Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
To realise the promise of microservices, individual services must be independently deployable, and they should be deployed often. But that’s easier said than done. Releases take confidence. How does a business achieve enough confidence to release often without getting bogged down in manual QA bottlenecks? Is automating tests too expensive? How do services know if they’ve made a breaking change? If the individual microservices all work, does that mean the system works? This talk will discuss microservices testing strategies and explore some of the modern tools which make testing easier and better. And there’s a demo: Holly will show Pact contract testing, test containers, and Quarkus’s continuous testing and dev services support.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs: Cloud Surprises for the Java Developer (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
- Haskell eXchange 2022: Novice Track (Online Conference on 7th December 2022)
- YOW! Melbourne Developer Conference 2022 (in Melbourne on 8th - 9th December 2022)
- Next generation i18n with rust (icu4x) and zero-copy deserialization (in Zürich on 7th December 2022)
- December 2022 Meetup (in Collingwood on 8th December 2022)
- Saving Costs with Pragmatic Serverless Java Architectures (SkillsCast recorded in November 2022)
- What Logic can Teach Us, Scala Programmers (SkillsCast recorded in October 2022)