Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Supercharging Bazel with nix package manager allows for performing a rapid switch towards full build hermeticity and achieving flexibility which is hard to match at scale (even when compared with containerized approach). However, it comes with the burden of painful, tedious, manual upkeep of mappings that expose nix derivations as Bazel packages.
We present gazelle_nix, a new gazelle extension that automatically generates (and updates) all the definitions required for nix packages to interact with Bazel. In our talk we will showcase the tool, as well as common patterns of using Nix and Bazel in tandem.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Bazel eXchange Panel: Day 2 (SkillsCast recorded in June 2022)
- J Forum (Online Conference on 31st August 2022)
- YOW! Perth Developer Conference 2022: Online (Online Conference on 19th - 20th September 2022)
- LJC: I Started Testing In Production... Then I Went On Holiday (Online Meetup on 15th August 2022)
- Real-time Stream Processing in Spring Made Easy (in London on 25th August 2022)
- Fast, Green — Choose Two: A Buildkite Case Study (SkillsCast recorded in June 2022)