Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
The "scrap your boilerplate" approach to generic programming in Haskell has shown how we can write generic traversals of data structures whilst still being able to accommodate type-specific cases.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Shapeless is Dead! Long Live Shapeless! (SkillsCast recorded in December 2017)
- Haskell eXchange 2020 (Online Conference on 3rd - 4th November 2020)
- Arthas: Inside Alibaba's Java Diagnostic Tool (Online Meetup on 24th September 2020)
- What's in a Functional Compiler? (SkillsCast recorded in July 2020)
- The Secrets of the GHC Garbage Collector (SkillsCast recorded in June 2020)
Scrap your boilerplate with Scala
Miles has been doing stuff with Scala for more than ten years, currently with Underscore Consulting. He is a cofounder of Typelevel and his best known project, the Scala generic programming library shapeless, is the weapon of choice wherever boilerplate needs to be scrapped or arities abstracted over.