This SkillsCast is currently only available to registered attendees of Product Elevation Conference 2022: In-Person
It will be freely available to all Skills Matter members once the Product Elevation Conference 2022: In-Person early-access window expires on November 07, 2023.
A young product design team may be able to work scrappily and make decisions on the fly without a clear process. However, this approach won’t be sustainable as the organization, the product, and the team mature. So how might we address this?
Enter design principles. At a high level, they are a distillation of concepts that are most important to your product, your stakeholders, your users, and you as designers. Principles help shape your thinking, break down complex concepts, facilitate conversation with stakeholders, and guide your decision making so you can confidently align on a path forward.
In this session, I will outline step-by-step guidelines for constructing effective design principles and potential pitfalls to watch out for. I’ll also provide best practices and sample scenarios where these principles might come in handy, such as making product decisions and evaluating designs in crit sessions. As attendees, you will walk away with a solid understanding of what design principles are and how to use them as a tool to help your team operate, collaborate, and innovate.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Maturing and Scaling Your Design Team with Design Principles (SkillsCast recorded in November 2022)
- Domain-Driven Design in Practice with Michael Plöd (Online Workshop on 13th - 15th December 2022)
- Foundations of Social Leadership (Online Meetup on 18th January 2023)
- Resilient Software Design - The Past, the Presence and the Future (SkillsCast recorded in November 2022)
- How to Craft a Great Design (SkillsCast recorded in November 2022)