This SkillsCast is currently only available to registered attendees of Product Elevation Conference 2022: In-Person
It will be freely available to all Skills Matter members once the Product Elevation Conference 2022: In-Person early-access window expires on November 07, 2023.
There is incredibly quick turnover in the product design world. 51% of designers begin looking for new opportunities within a year due to poor leadership and stagnant growth. Revitalizing a stale design org for growth opportunities, scaling and employee retention is vital to survival in the product world.
Like any other user experience problem, the key to designing an organization that works for everyone is to listen to your users. In this case, that means the members of your team. You have to dig deep and get to the root of systemic problems and find out what the people want.
I initiated this case study as a personal project out of frustration with my own growth on an idle team. I conducted all research, interviews, surveys, data analysis and process creation for this project and turned it into a proposal for departmental expansion and title review. The main obstacle I faced with this research was lack of resources and support from management, so I did what any leader does…figure it out anyway.
The case study can be reviewed here: https://stephaniehallcreative.com/leadership
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- How to Scale: Rethinking the Product Design Career Ladder (SkillsCast recorded in November 2022)
- Domain-Driven Design in Practice with Michael Plöd (Online Workshop on 13th - 15th December 2022)
- Foundations of Social Leadership with Sea Salt Learning (Online Workshop on 21st - 24th February 2023)
- YOW! Melbourne Developer Conference 2022 (in Melbourne on 8th - 9th December 2022)
- YOW! Sydney Developer Conference 2022 (in Sydney on 12th - 13th December 2022)
- Foundations of Social Leadership (Online Meetup on 18th January 2023)
- Resilient Software Design - The Past, the Presence and the Future (SkillsCast recorded in November 2022)
- How to Craft a Great Design (SkillsCast recorded in November 2022)