SkillsCast coming soon.
Supermarkets, Performance, and Innovation
In this exclusive analytics podcast episode, Kari shares:
- Where her passion for sports comes from
- Her experience volunteering for AFL New Zealand and Sports New Zealand
- The history of Lacrosse
- Her role as the General Manager of Analytics & Insights at Countdown Supermarkets
- Apart from operational analytics, what the next frontier is in using data, analytics, or emerging technologies to improve performance in this industry
- How the organisation views and plans to fend off competition from startups that challenge the status quo in the market
- Encouraging more innovation in terms of business models, revenue models, or product models
- The leadership style to encourage this innovation
- Passing on this knowledge to future leaders in the business team
- One key lesson she wants to share when passing on the baton to her successor
Improving Performance & Encouraging Innovation with Data Analytics & Emerging Tech
Kari Jones is a General Manager of Analytics & Insights at Countdown Supermarkets. Countdown is New Zealand's largest supermarket chain, operating over 180 stores and serving about 3 million customers every week. Their parent company, Woolworths New Zealand, employs more than 18,000 New Zealanders, making it one of the country’s largest private employers.