Cognitive scientists tell us that we are more productive and happier when our behaviour matches our brain’s hard-wiring; when, what we do and why we do it matches the way we have evolved to survive over tens of thousands of years.
One problematic behaviour humans have is that we are hard-wired to instantly decide who we trust. And we generally aren't aware of these decisions—it just happens.
Linda Rising explains that this hard-wired “trust evaluation” can get in the way of working well with others.
Pairing, the daily stand-up, and close communication with the customer and others outside the team go a long way to overcome our instant evaluation of others. As Linda helps you gain a better understanding of this mechanism in your behaviour and what agile processes can do to help, you are more likely to build better interpersonal relationships and create successful products.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Who do You Trust? Beware of Your Brain (SkillsCast recorded in September 2020)
- ICAgile Certified Agile Team Facilitator with Ben Maynard & Jon Spruce (Online Workshop on 6th - 9th March 2023)
- Certified Large-Scale Scrum Practitioner: Principles to Practices (In Person) with Ben Maynard (in London on 15th - 17th March 2023)
- Business Agility powered by Product Strategy (SkillsCast recorded in November 2022)
- Mastering Your Inner Demons as Product Managers (SkillsCast recorded in November 2022)
Who do You Trust? Beware of Your Brain
With a Ph.D. from Arizona State University in the field of object-based design metrics, Linda Rising’s background includes university teaching and industry work in telecommunications, avionics, and tactical weapons systems.